Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Where There's a Will ...

... there's a way.  It didn't take me too long to come up with a solution to the dryer-in-the-window problem.  We are going to switch the washer & dryer with the laundry tub.  Since my ever-so-talented husband is making the cabinets in the laundry room (and some of the kitchen, the mudroom and the living room), we can make them low/shallow enough so they don't obstruct the window.  Problem solved!

Here is the original design...



...and the revised



For the laundry tub, we're doing something kind of unique.  A few years ago, my Mom and Dad brought me an old galvanized laundry tub with the wringer/roller still attached.  I think it came out of my grandparent's house.  It has sat on my floor really serving no purpose until I saw this picture ...


So I am going to have Preston (re. the ever-so-talented one) mount it on a cabinet and modify into a sink.  I'm hoping I can keep the wringer piece attached.  I'll have to see how much space it will take up, but I'm sure I'll integrate it somehow.

The other space we are integrating into the house plan are spaces for the dogs' beds.  In the old house, we put them in the middle of the hallway at night and put them away (ie. in front of the washer/dryer) in the morning.  Then out on the porch if you wanted to do laundry.  You get the picture.  So they are now going to have their own "space" beneath one of the cabinets similar to this one.  One will be in the laundry room and one in the mudroom. 



Their food and water won't be in the middle of the floor either!

And did I mention you won't have to trip over/ through the mudroom to get to the laundry area? Ahhh, it's the little things.




No comments:

Post a Comment