Thursday, December 13, 2012

Some Recent Developments

Just a few little updates I thought I'd share.

We installed the cabinet doors above the oven / microwave ... they were already made.  The center cabinet was in our old house.  The plan was for the adjacent lower cabinets to have doors, but not sure when those will be done.  So I bought some fabric and made curtains.  Hmmm... I kinda like the curtains.  What do you think?



Found this neat antique towel holder on Etsy.  It's perfect!


The tile back splash wasn't done during construction.  I finally scheduled the guy that did our interior trim to do the back splash.  Two days before he got here, I still didn't know how I wanted it to look.  So I laid it out on the table.


 Here is the finished job.  It's subtle, but ties in the yellows, blacks and blues very nicely.

  We brought in one of the old beams and set it on the mantle.  Not sure if we will put a finish on it, but it looks great!

And our new couch!
 The other exciting news ... the designer I worked with at The Kitchen Place came out today to see the kitchen and take pictures.  She brought the editor of the magazine House Trends.  They want to do a story on our house in either the summer or fall issue!!!!!!  How exciting is that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment