Friday, October 19, 2012

Let the Final Inspections Begin

today...


Garage doors got their 'bling' today


I love these lights!  They are actually outdoor lights.  They have seeded glass and I put the old looking Edison bulbs in them.





So they did the electrical inspection ... we failed. 

I have to give some background.  When they did rough electrical (pre-cabinets), there were outlets and switches all across the walls on either side of the window above.  You now have to have a switch for your dishwasher (!?), there was a switch for the garbage disposal, one for the lights above the sink and one for the above cabinet lighting.  And I think he had three outlets.

Well, with the small amount of wall space left after cabinets and trim (see picture above), something had to go or I'd have electrical lining the wall top to bottom.  So the dishwasher and disposal switches are under the sink.  There are 2 switches in one gang box for the lights.  One GFI on the left.  Then under the right wall cabinet, you can just see a white strip of outlets.  They are also on a GFI circuit.  Sounds fine ... except ...

...the strip is MORE than 24" from the sink.  Code in Greene County requires a GFI outlet WITHIN 24" of the sink.. yes, WITHIN, as in CLOSE TO the source of water. 

So the reason we failed is because I can't quite put one hand under the running water and my other hand inside the outlet and electrocute myself.  Really?  Don't you think if you are that stupid, then Natural Selection should take care of you?  

So we're going to make the county happy and put the outlet above the switches.  Government ... that's where some Natural Selection needs to run its course.



Range top installed


Here's the vent.  Notice the buttons on the right side near the back.  I can't quite reach those without catching my shirt on fire ...hmmmm.  Who designed that? 
Shower fixtures installed in upstairs shower ... one more step closer to being able to shower in the house!!


That's not where I have it on the plans!!


Really??  1000 sq ft of garage and that's the only place you could think of to put two scrap boards with screws in them?

No comments:

Post a Comment