Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!


Sunday and Monday morning, we woke to frost on the ground and 32 degrees.  Yes, we are still showering in our outdoor bath house.  It really has been a pleasant part of the summer.  There's about a 12-15" view above the shower walls.  Depending on the time of day you shower, you might see the moon and stars or the sun rising or the sun setting.  A couple early mornings I heard an owl hooting. 

But 32 degrees is just too cold to find the joys in an outdoor shower.  At least on the weekend, I can wait for it to warm up.  But even when it's 60 degrees, if it's windy, that wind whips right up and over the shower wall and no amount of warm water keeps you warm.  So Sunday, I decided it was time to winterize the bath house.  I got some plastic and my "wack-a-mole" stapler (a hammer stapler) and we wrapped the top opening with plastic. 



Admittedly, Monday morning ... 32 degrees ... I still wasn't brave enough to try it out, so my late-day Sunday shower and a sponge bath in the inside laundry tub Monday morning had to do.  This morning was a LOT warmer ... 46!  So I decided to try a space heater.  That worked really well.  It was just enough to heat the little space up for the few minutes I was out there.

Meanwhile, Preston did email the builder and ask him if he could get the plumber to finish the upstairs shower. The enclosure and rough plumbing is installed and the water has been run to the house. So we just need the water softener, faucet/shower head and a shower curtain and we're all set. We are still looking at at least 5 weeks before we can move in. So this would be nice to have it hooked up early.

Preston traveled last week, was home for the weekend and gone again this week. So he scrambled Saturday to finish the cabinets he built and take them to the house for the installer. Colton and I took the doors out to the house. Sunday, Preston and I built the jambs for the 3 new doors we had to buy. Last night, Colton and I started to set the doors in the jambs. We'll finish that tonight.

The decks have been under construction last week and this week. Here are some of the progress pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment